Brainstorm if possible with one or more partners
Try this exercise: https://library.ithaca.edu/teach/wc
- Think of keywords or subject headings. Be sure to think of synonyms for your terms. Learn the industry jargon.
- Try to group the questions into categories. Example: marketing, new products, legal/regulatory, market share,
- What types of resources might help in your search? statistical, databases for articles, industry publications, governmental, trade associations
- Match the questions to types of sources >then identify specific sources which might be useful.
- Keep track of what you have looked at, new questions which might have come up and then re-group and fill in the blanks
- If working as a team, assign tasks and keep a timeline for what has been completed and what still needs to be done.
- Document time, money and sources used.
- What questions are still unanswered?