I’m the librarian for all programs in HSHP and Education, and I would be happy to help you with your research. I can also help you with citation management using programs like Mendeley and Zotero.
Areas of Expertise
• Evidence Syntheses
• Information Literacy
• Qualitative research methods
• Evidence-Based Practice
• Assessment of library programs and services
• Master of Public Administration, City University of New York at Baruch, 2006
• Master of Library and Information Studies, McGill University, 2001
• Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, State University of New York at Albany, 1995
• Medical Library Association
• Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP, Distinguished)
• Harenberg, S., Ouellet-Pizer, C., Nieto, M., Kuo, L., Vosloo, J., Keenan, L., & Wilson, S. (2022). Anonymous vs. non-anonymous administration of depression scales in elite athletes: A meta-analysis. International Review of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 1-21. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1750984X.2022.2095658
• Sforzo, G. A., Kaye, M. P., Harenberg, S., Costello, K., Cobus-Kuo, L., Rauff, E., Edman, J. S., Frates, E., & Moore, M. (2020). Compendium of health and wellness coaching: 2019 addendum. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 14(2), 155-168. https://doi.org/10.1177/1559827619850489
• Sforzo, G. A., Kaye, M. P., Todorova, I., Harenberg, S., Costello, K., Cobus-Kuo, L., Faber, A., Frates, E., & Moore, M. (2018). Compendium of the health and wellness coaching literature. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 12(6), 436–447. https://doi.org/10.1177/1559827617708562
• Cobus-Kuo, L. & Waller, J. (2016). Teaching information literacy and evidence-based practice in an undergraduate speech-language pathology program: A student reflection. Contemporary Issues in Communication Science and Disorders, 43, 35-49. https://doi.org/10.1044/cicsd_43_S_35
• Cobus-Kuo, L., Gilmour, R., & Dickson, P. (2013). Bringing in the experts: Library research guide usability testing in a computer science class. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, 8(4): 43-59. https://doi.org/10.18438/B8GP5W
• Gilmour, R., & Cobus-Kuo, L. (2011). Reference management software: A comparative analysis of four products. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, 66 (Summer). https://doi.org/10.29173/istl1521
• Cobus-Kuo, L. (2011). Supporting learners via web 2.0. In P.M. Younger (Ed.) Using web 2.0 for health information. London, UK: Facet.
• Griffin-Sobel, J., Sharoff, L., Acee, A., Smith, D., Cobus-Kuo, L., Dornbaum, M., & Woodstock, A. (2010). A transdisciplinary approach to the integration of electronic health technology to a school of nursing. Nursing Education Perspectives, 31(1): 41-43.
•Cobus, L. (2009). Using blogs and wikis in a graduate public health course. Medical Reference Services Quarterly,
28(1): 22-32. https://doi.org/10.1080/02763860802615922
• Cobus, L. (2008). Integrating information literacy into the education of public health professionals: Roles for librarians and the library. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 96(1): 28–33. https://doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.96.1.28
• Cobus, L., Dent, V. & Ondrusek, A. (2005). How 28 users helped re-design an academic library Web site: A usability study. Reference and User Services Quarterly, 44(3): 232-246. (*Selected as one of the best articles written that year in Reference and User Services Quarterly)